Welcome to the Wisconsin VIM Peru Mission 2010

Welcome to our Peru Mission to Ica and Pisco. We are a team of 26 members working with the Korean Methodist Church and Methodist Church of Peru.
We have a small medical team that will offer basic medial help in temporary clinics in the Methodist churches in the Ica/Pisco area.
Our construction team will be helping construction workers on the Green Love Methodist Church in Ica. A community center is planned for the second floor.
We also have a Vacation Bible School Program that will be offered to adults and children in the area.
We invite you to follow us in our mission experience.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Still in Lima

I´m still in Lima. Standby is not an adventure anymore, but a serious mind game of how many seats are open ; who has the highest seniority and when or how will I really get home. You can^t do anything but hover as close to the ticket desk as allowed. I truly believe that some ticket agents feel our pain when they say no more standbys tonight!
On the brighter side, I have visited the Methodist School in Callao, seen more sites in Lima and attended the Union Church on Sunday. This is an Enlish speaking church that is interdenominational and international. It has a gold mine of missionaries and US-Peru contacts.
I am anxious to get home and put some pictures on my blog and tell about some of my experiences as a leader. I have learn alot and look forward to getting feedback which will help me in the future as I start to plan another mission.
Peace, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment