Welcome to the Wisconsin VIM Peru Mission 2010

Welcome to our Peru Mission to Ica and Pisco. We are a team of 26 members working with the Korean Methodist Church and Methodist Church of Peru.
We have a small medical team that will offer basic medial help in temporary clinics in the Methodist churches in the Ica/Pisco area.
Our construction team will be helping construction workers on the Green Love Methodist Church in Ica. A community center is planned for the second floor.
We also have a Vacation Bible School Program that will be offered to adults and children in the area.
We invite you to follow us in our mission experience.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Adventures in Standby

Tonight will be my third try to get home. I am so thankful that I have a place to stay if I don´t make it. So far Ella hasn´t locked the door on me!! Flying out of Peru on Delta is getting harder, as they take on cargo and overbook. Last night I was fourth on the list which looked really good, but someone had the nerve to buy a ticket! Where was their sense of adventure? So far I have met 2 missionaries and miscelleous travelers in the same boat. We might start a ¨Standby Club¨ if we stay over three days. One lady has been waiting for 16 days. I believe she should be president of the club.
I look at my extended stay as an opportunity to learn how to get around the area and learn a little Spanish. I haven´t ridden the bus by myself, but Ella has me in training!!!
For those of you who have been to Dr. Tony´s home for sick children, I was there for a visit and took some clothes and donations. He has 52 children at this time and can use the extra help and finanical donations. He had volunteers from New York, Germany and Enland. They will be leaving soon. He recently lost some supporters from Ireland do to the economy.
Yesterday I had lunch with Jessica from the Miraflores Church. We talked about projects to benefit women and children. There are many needs and it is hard to focus on just a few. For the future. We will meet again to start planning another mission and I will travel with her to the outer areas. Dr. Ericka would like to do another mission, so we will gather some medical personnel and work more within the Peru medical system and in coordination with the Methodist Church of Peru. I have the support of Bishop Bravo.
The last three team members should have left last night. I did nót see them while I was waiting. I hope that everyone has arrived home and had a safe travel. Debi Shelton has a great blog, so be sure to follow hers. I will attempt to connect hers to mine. Thank you team for a job well done.
I hope my next blog will be from the US.
Peace be with you,
Judy
Here is Debi´s blog: http://debishelton.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Judy, Harold and Alicia told me a bit about the success of the Mission -- and something about diging a footing trench -- 18' deep ? EEEK !! Like I said, I am "in" for the next trip -- keep me posted !!

    Traveling Mercies for you as you make your way back 'home'..............

    Soli Deo Gloria
    Todd

    ReplyDelete